As the host and judge of this month’s Paper Chef competition, I challenged people to create a dish using pasta, beetroot, chèvre…and peanut butter.
Five daring cooks participated in the month’s challenge. Everyone impressed me with the thought they put into their creations and with the stunningly creative results. So, how to choose?
After a great deal of deliberation, one contestant really seemed to stand out in my mind. The presentation of the dish was eye-catching and the idea was quite unconventional.
So…the envelope please. The winner of Paper Chef #46 is…
JENNY from I could even eat a baby deer! with Chèvre mousse with beetroot, deep fried pasta and peanut butter caramel.
Chèvre mousse? Deep fried pasta? And…yum!…peanut butter caramel. Very creative and it sounds delicious.
Congrats Jenny. I pass the Paper Chef judging baton to you.
I didn’t create a dish for the challenge, but this was only due to a lack of time, not because I couldn’t come up any ideas. Some things I considered:
- Pasta shells filled with a beet/chèvre purée and a spicy peanut sauce
- Pasta salad – rotini pasta, a combo of pickled beets-corn relish-Pennsylvania Dutch Chow Chow (pickled assorted veggies), crumbled herb-flavored chèvre, and peanut butter salad dressing
- Cheesecake – crust made from graham crackers and chow mein noodles, peanut butter/chèvre filling, with a topping of beet preserves
- This Kugel (noodle pudding) made with beet pasta , with peanut butter swirled in
- Beet pasta with a bechamel like this one (chèvre, Cheddar, parmigiano), topped with grilled chicken that has marinated in peanut butter salad dressing, and asparagus spears (A rather crazy twist on the usual fettucine alfredo with chicken & broccoli)
I seriously think I might try #5 one day. The others…maybe not. 🙂